Instructions for authors
About the Journal
Journal of Statistical Research (JSR) is the official journal of the Institute of Statistical Research and Training (ISRT), University of Dhaka, Bangladesh. JSR is an international peer-reviewed scholarly journal providing a forum for transferring and communicating statistical knowledge across the globe. It publishes original research articles both in the areas of theoretical and applied statistics.
Aims and Scope
JSR aims to influence methodological aspects of statistics through publication of original contributions in the development, improvement, or understanding of statistical theory. Methodological submissions are expected to describe new or improved methods of data analysis with analytical and/or simulation-based validation with a comparison to existing methods, and a discussion on how the proposed method will impact the practice of statistics. It also aims to encourage exciting and innovative applications of advanced statistical methods through publication of challenging innovative practices that examine new methods and demonstrate their application through motivating examples from randomized experiments or observational studies. Submissions are expected to investigate interesting research questions that solve important problems in society. Reviews of and tutorials on contemporary statistical methods will also be considered.
Manuscripts should be submitted in pdf format and the LaTex file of the accepted paper needs to be provided. Please submit two copies (PDF) of the manuscript, one with the author’s information and the other without author information to facilitate blind review. Authors are requested to suggest at least two reviewers in the field related to the article.
Accepted papers must be submitted as per the style of JSR. For convenience, a template file along with the style file is available for download. Please use this style and template files only.
Download the zip file: jsr-template, which contains the following files:
- LaTeX file (jsr-template.tex)
- JSR Style file (jsr.sty)
- Instructions (readme.txt)
- A pdf graphics file (test.pdf)
- JSR .bib file (jsr.bib)
- ASA LaTeX style file (asa.sty)
- ASA bibliography style file (asa.bst)
- Output pdf file (jsr-template.pdf)
Please download all files and put them in the same folder. To download you may right-click the link and then ‘Save Target As’ (if using Internet Explorer, or “Save Link As” if using Mozilla Firefox).
Where to submit
- Please submit your articles to
- Please submit two copies (PDF) of the manuscript, one with author information and the other without author information to facilitate blind review.
Publication charges and Reprints
The publication charge is USD 100 flat for each article from outside the SAARC countries. Each author will receive one printed copy of the journal. Additional copies may be ordered, well in advance, on extra payment. Authors from SAARC countries will receive one printed copy of the journal for a fixed price of USD 40 (BDT 1000 for authors from Bangladesh) including postage. To know more about the mode of payment corresponding author should contact:
Institute of Statistical Research and Training (ISRT)
University of Dhaka
Dhaka 1000, Bangladesh
JSR publishes articles under the creative commons license. All published articles will be free to access online immediately on publication, increasing the visibility, readership, and impact of your research. Digital Object Identifier (DOI) number is added for each article.
Peer Review and Ethics
- JSR is committed to peer-review integrity and upholding the highest standards of review. Once the paper has been assessed for suitability by the editor, it will then be double blind peer-reviewed by independent, anonymous expert referees. Editor may consider the reviewer names suggested by the authors.
- It is the responsibility of authors to make their manuscripts as anonymous as possible. Submission of a manuscript to this journal implies that its contents constitute original work not previously published and that the manuscript is not being considered elsewhere for publication. If plagiarism (including self-plagiarism) is identified in a manuscript, it will not be considered for review.
- Authors should supply details of funding and grant-awarding bodies supporting the research. Any financial interest or benefit that has arisen from the direct applications of the submitted article should also be acknowledged.
- Authors must include a competing or conflict of interest statement if any. A conflict of interest exists when an author (or authors) has financial or personal relationships that inappropriately influence his or her actions (also known as competing interests, or competing loyalties).
Data Sharing Policy
Authors are encouraged to share or make open the authentic data, supporting the results or analyses presented in their paper where this does not violate the protection of human subjects or other valid privacy or security concerns.
Should you have any queries, please drop an email to email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org.